Wednesday, September 10, 2014

He Makes Weak Things Strong Unto Us

I'm so inspired by this video I found today:





This woman, Maysoon Zayid, has cerebral palsy AND she is truly beautiful!  Her spirit is shining through!  She has found her soul's purpose on this Earth and she is contributing to people's happiness through her talent of comedy and humor.  I am so inspired by her!

As I listened to her interview I thought to myself, of how this woman's strength lies in her weakness.  It was a gift to God for her and she has been able to discover that and use that to her advantage in her life.  I thought of how there are no failures or mistakes.  God's hand is in all of our lives.  I thought of how beautiful she is and how there will always be people who are governed by demons-- people who want to tear us down, people who do not see with their spiritual eyes but rather hold on to the physical and carnal things as evidence of false truths.  Each person on this Earth must be stronger than these demons.  We must know our worth.  That we are children of God and that we are beautiful and that in our weakness is where God manifests His miracles.  Through our weaknesses we can honor God and find our greatest strengths.  If this woman has done this, why can't I?



Elder Gerald Causse said:

One of the most comforting teachings of the gospel is that each son and daughter of God—every one of us—is born with an inheritance of gifts, talents, and abilities that can help us through our earthly mission. The scripture says, “For there are many gifts, and to every man is given a gift by the Spirit of God.”7 We cannot be happy and successful in life without gratefully acknowledging those gifts and doing all we can to develop them. Our problem is never that we have no strengths; the problem comes when we do not recognize our strengths and build upon them...I assure you, the Lord has the power to transform your weaknesses into strengths! The promise made by the Lord to the Apostle Paul is valid for each of you: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”5 And then Paul added, “For when I am weak, then am I strong.”6--2 Corinthians 12:10.

“God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.”4-- 1 Corinthians 1:27. 

No comments:

Post a Comment