Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Purple Pansies

Today was a rainy day.  I take the subway to work everyday and today was a downpour.  I watched as people who had forgotten their umbrella at home ran through the street drenched.  As I walked to work I couldn't help but see the darkness in the clouds, but then I saw the beautiful flowers in the garden.  They were beautiful!

And I got even more inspired when I thought of this little song I learned as a child:
  1. 1. Little purple pansies, touched with yellow gold,
    Growing in one corner of the garden old;
    We are very tiny but must try, try, try
    Just one spot to gladden, you and I.
  2. 2. In whatever corner we may chance to grow,
    Whether cold or warm the wind may ever blow,
    Dark the day or sunny, we must try, try, try
    Just one spot to gladden, you and I.
     
    Words:Anon

    Picture taken from: http://looslifamily.blogspot.com/2013/09/15-years.html

No comments:

Post a Comment